Mendon is located in Northern Utah’s beautiful Cache Valley. Mendon was established in the Cache Valley, following the peaceful conclusion of the so called “Utah War” of 1858. As the second community to be founded in Cache County, she was for a long time the gateway into the Cache Valley. The majority of the pioneers entering Cache Valley during this time, would do so over the low divide, just north of Mendon proper. Mendon was at first referred to as the “North Settlement,” in those early times, being north of Maughan’s Fort. The name of North Settlement was used until December 19, 1859 when Apostle Ezra T. Benson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, named her Mendon.
MENDON CITY OFFICE
15 N MAIN
Mon – Thurs 1-4 pm
Fri 9-11 am
***The office will be closed M/W/F from July 8th to July 19th. T/TH hours will be open.***
Library Hours are listed under the Library tab at the top of the webpage.
July 10th, 7:30 PM
To have an item addressed on the P&Z agenda, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance of the meeting.
City Council Meeting
July 11th, 6:00 PM
MC Agenda 071119
Email email@example.com or call 435-753-3449 at least one week prior to the meeting to add an item to the agenda for discussion.
Pioneer Days Celebration
Saturday, July 20th, 2019
Please select the EVENTS tab at the top of the page for detailed listing of Pioneer Day activities.
Vendor information contact:
Laura Hampton 435-760-7927
Parade information contact:
Corrie Wheeler 435-232-7178
Planning and Zoning meetings are held monthly, each 2nd Wednesday at 7:30 PM at the Mendon City Hall. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
City Council meetings are held monthly, each 2nd Thursday at 6PM at the Mendon City Hall. Please call 753-3449 or email email@example.com for further information.
Agendas are posted on the Utah Public Notice website, at the post office, city office and in the Herald Journal prior to the meeting. No meetings are held in December.
Like our FACEBOOK Page for information
on other community events
Job Posting - City Clerk
Starting Pay: $13 per hour
The City Clerk has a unique and rewarding opportunity to be involved in the Mendon Community. Reporting to the Mayor and City Council, the City Clerk also works closely with the Treasurer, Recorder, Public Works Director, City Engineer, and all other city staff, employees, and volunteers. The City Clerk provides office hours at the Mendon City Hall with some after hours and on-call duties as necessary. Hours vary monthly, but average 15 hours per week. The City Clerk must schedule, organize, and attend City Council meetings which are held each second Thursday of the month at 6:00 PM.
ADMINISTRATIVE: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Write and process agendas, minutes, ordinances, resolutions, staff reports, and legal advertisements;
• Maintain records and files regarding administrative activities.
• Research and compile background data for various topics and issues;
• Receive inquiries and respond in a timely fashion, directing information to the appropriate department or individual;
• Interpret and explain city policies, rules, and regulations in response to complex inquiries;
• Assist in developing city policies and procedures in order to meet objectives;
• Provide public notifications of city events utilizing a community email, the city website Mendoncity.org, and Utah Public Notice website.
• Schedule the Mendon Station calendar, collect rental agreements and associated fees, distribute keys for access, verify that renters leave the building clean when finished.
• Perform records management duties, including sorting, filing, indexing, purging, scanning, research, and retrieval of documents in paper and digital form;
• Respond to public records requests and become GRAMA certified.
• Attend trainings on occasion provided through BRAG, ULGT and other entities.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with other city employees and the public, using principles of good customer service;
• Excellent verbal communication skills with competent knowledge of the English language, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Technical writing skills for writing reports and important correspondence.
• Experience using technology including scanners, tablets, and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of records management, including retention policies.
• Knowledge of city policies and municipal procedures, preferred.
Submit your resume with cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; mail to Mendon City Clerk Position, PO Box 70, Mendon, UT 84325; or drop-off in person to the city office during office hours.
Close Date: July 12th at 5:00PM or until filled.
Notice of Proposed Tax Increase
The MENDON CITY is proposing to increase its property tax revenue.
The MENDON CITY tax on a $309,000 residence would increase from $271.75 to $340.41, which is $68.66 per year.
The MENDON CITY tax on a $309,000 business would increase from $494.09 to $618.93, which is $124.84 per year.
If the proposed budget is approved, MENDON CITY would increase its property tax budgeted revenue by 25.23% above last year’s property tax budgeted revenue excluding eligible new growth.
All concerned citizens are invited to a public hearing on the tax increase.
Date/Time: 8/8/2019 7:00 p.m.
Location: Mendon City Building Media Room
15 N Main
To obtain more information regarding the tax increase, citizens may contact MENDON CITY at 435-752-2439.
Mendon City Council passed a resolution on November 8th allowing up to 15 new culinary water hookups which may include one minor subdivision. Major Subdivisions are not being considered at this time. Development of viable water resources are currently being pursued. See the following resolutions for details 2018-15 Development Regulation
Single Family Home Application
In order to apply for a single family home construction, complete the following form and submit the application and required documents to the secretary of the Planning and Zoning one week prior to the P&Z meeting. Email email@example.com for information.
Cross Connection Public Awareness
Mendon City Ordinance requires that every dog be licensed annually. The license fee is $5 for a fixed animal and $10 for a non-fixed animal. Fees double after April 1st. If you have five or more dogs over the age of four months you must also pay a kennel fee of $40 in addition to the regular dog license fees listed above. Proof of current rabies shot is REQUIRED. Licenses may be purchased during regular Mendon City Office hours M-T 1-4 or Fr 9-11.
DOG LICENSE APPLICATION
Any concern about code violations concerning dogs, please contact Cache County Animal Control at 435-753-7555. If a dog is found with a Mendon City tag, please call the city office at 435-753-3449 to obtain the owner’s contact information.
Ed Buist – Mayor
Elected in November of 2009. Began first term in January 2010. Lifelong Mendon City resident. As were my parents. As were their parents. Love sports. Especially USU. The Jazz. The Dolphins. The Dodgers. The Yankees. I enjoy serving the city. Learning new things and forming new relationships is fun. Happy for the opportunity to share what talents I have with the community