Mendon is located in Northern Utah’s beautiful Cache Valley. Mendon was established in the Cache Valley, following the peaceful conclusion of the so called “Utah War” of 1858. As the second community to be founded in Cache County, she was for a long time the gateway into the Cache Valley. The majority of the pioneers entering Cache Valley during this time, would do so over the low divide, just north of Mendon proper. Mendon was at first referred to as the “North Settlement,” in those early times, being north of Maughan’s Fort. The name of North Settlement was used until December 19, 1859 when Apostle Ezra T. Benson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, named her Mendon.
MENDON CITY OFFICE
15 N MAIN
** Library Hours are listed under the Library tab at the top of the webpage.
July 11th, 2018 @ 7:30 PM
City Council Meeting
July 19th, 2018 @ 7:00 PM
Public Hearing Notices and Meeting Date Change
Mendon City Council’s July 12th meeting has been cancelled and rescheduled for July 19th at 7pm at the Mendon City Hall, 15 N Main. Public hearings will be held concerning the following: an amendment to the transportation code, adjusting the winter parking restrictions and restricting the use of compression release braking systems; extending the current general plan for one year; and prohibiting private wells for domestic use on properties served by the city water system. Interested citizens are encouraged to attend.
2017 Meeting Schedule
Planning and Zoning meetings are held monthly, each 2nd Wednesday at 7:30 PM at the Mendon City Hall. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
City Council meetings are held monthly, each 2nd Thursday at 7PM at the Mendon City Hall. Please call 753-3449 or email email@example.com for further information. Agendas are posted on the Utah Public Notice website, at the post office, city office and in the Herald Journal prior to the meeting. No meetings are held in December.
Like our FACEBOOK Page for information
on other community events
Pioneer Day 2018
July 16th - 21st
Planning and Zoning Secretary
Starting Pay: $10 per hour with an average of 20 hours per month.
Responsibilities: Duties may include, but are not limited to the following…
- Answer inquiries regarding development procedures, zoning ordinances, and business licensing by phone or email. Return calls and emails promptly, referring inquires as appropriate.
- Prepare the Planning and Zoning meeting agenda and distribute it to Planning Commissioners one week prior to the meeting.
- Attend the P&Z meeting held monthly, each second Wednesday at 7pm and document the proceedings by taking minutes. On occasion other meetings may be held that require the P&Z Secretary’s attendance.
- Publicize public hearings in the newspaper and to surrounding property owners two weeks prior to any public hearing. Post meeting agendas at the city office and the post office.
- Accept business license applications, mail approved business licenses, and keep record of each license issued.
- Properly file plat maps, agendas, and minutes at the city office.
- Follow proper and legal procedures, communicating with the County Development office and the County Recorder’s office when necessary.
- Understand the Mendon City Zoning Ordinances and Subdivision Ordinances
- Maintain a record of number of homes built per year, number of Conditional Use Permits issued per year, and all other applications and inquires.
- Accomplish various tasks given by the Planning Commission, City Council, and other city officials.
- Perform a wide variety of related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the English language with proper usage, spelling, and grammar. Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are necessary.
- Knowledge and experience using current technology and software, such as: document scanners, digital tablets, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Previous secretarial experience preferred.
Submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver to Mendon City, PO Box 70, Mendon, UT 84325. Drop off also available at the city office during office hours.
Job Closing Date: Friday, July 20th at 5pm or until filled.
Cross Connection Public Awareness 2018
Mendon City Council voted June 14th, 2018 to extend the Temporary Land Use Restriction (Building Moratorium) for a period of 2 months. The moratorium expires August 14th, 2018, unless extended by resolution. Council may decide at a city council meeting to lift the moratorium prior to the expiration date for a limited number of homes. See 2018-07 Land Use Moratorium Extension for details.
Mendon City Ordinance requires that every dog be licensed annually. The license fee is $5 for a fixed animal and $10 for a non-fixed animal. Fees double after April 1st. If you have five or more dogs over the age of four months you must also pay a kennel fee of $40 in addition to the regular dog license fees listed above. Proof of current rabies shot is REQUIRED. Licenses may be purchased during regular Mendon City Office hours M/W 1-3:30, T/Th 1-4 or Fr 9-11. A Dog Clinic will be held Feb 24, 10 AM-12 PM at the Mendon Fire Station. A licensed Vet will be onsite to administer a rabies shot for an additional $20.)
DOG LICENSE APPLICATION 2018
Ed Buist – Mayor
Elected in November of 2009. Began first term in January 2010. Lifelong Mendon City resident. As were my parents. As were their parents. Love sports. Especially USU. The Jazz. The Dolphins. The Dodgers. The Yankees. I enjoy serving the city. Learning new things and forming new relationships is fun. Happy for the opportunity to share what talents I have with the community