State law and Mendon City ordinance requires that dogs be licensed annually.
First, complete the Mendon City Dog License Application below. Then submit the following to Mendon City (in an envelope):
- The completed dog license application
- A copy of proof of rabies vaccination
- Payment ($5 for a spayed/neutered dog or $10 for an intact dog).
You can submit your application in one of three ways:
- Place your envelope (addressed to Mendon City, Attn: Dog License Application) in the Water Drop Box outside of the city office building (15 North Main). Your tags will be mailed to you.
- Mail it to Mendon City Corporation, Attn: Dog License Application, PO Box 70, Mendon, UT 84325. Your tags will be mailed to you.
- Come to the City Office during office hours. Office hours are Tuesdays or Thursdays from 1:00-4:00 or 5:30-7:00 pm.
If you have questions, call or text (435) 753-3449.
If after April 15th, the fees are doubled. Please be aware that after August 1st of each year a list of unlicensed dogs will be turned over to Cache County Animal Control Officer. If you have three or more dogs over the age of four months you must also pay a kennel fee of $40 in addition to the regular dog license fees listed above.
Any concern about code violations pertaining to dogs, please contact Cache County Animal Control at 435-753-7555. If a dog is found with a current Mendon City tag, please contact the city office at 435-753-3449 to obtain the owner’s contact information.