Public notice is hereby given that the date for persons wishing to file as candidates for the office Mayor or Councilmember are between June 1, 2021 and June 7, 2021. Filing deadline is June 7, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Candidates must meet the Qualifications of a candidate in order to file for any of the openings above.
(1) Be a United States citizen at time of filing.
(2) Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election.
(3) Be a legal resident of Mendon City for a period of 365 consecutive days immediately preceding the date of the election.
(4) Be a registered voter of Mendon City.
(5) In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101-5.
Mendon City Residents will be electing a Mayor and two Councilmembers to serve four year terms and one Councilmember to serve a two year term at the general municipal election on Nov. 2, 2021. The primary election date is Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021 (if needed)
Each person wishing to become a candidate for a municipal office shall file a declaration of candidacy form or nomination petition in person with the Mendon City Recorder at 15 North Main Street, Mendon, during regular office hours of 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please call me ahead of time as I am not personally in the office all the time. 435-752-2439
Mendon City Recorder